May is Bicycle Safety Month, but bicycle safety should be observed every day!
We can all play a part in being a "Roll Model" to decrease the risks of traffic crashes and preventable injuries and deaths.
Being A "Roll Model" Means
- Riding and Driving Focused - never distracted
- Riding and Driving Prepared - always expect the unexpected
- Safety First - we never know when a crash will occur, regardless of skill level or age; always wear a bicycle helmet when on a bicycle and a seat belt when in a car
- Rules of the Road - a bicyclist is considered a vehicle on the road with all the rights on the roadway and responsibilities of motorized traffic
- Sharing the Road - both motorist and bicyclist should look out for one another and show mutual respect
Tools and Tips
|Child Pledge||Youth Pledge||Parent Pledge||Wear A Helmet||Fitting Your Helmet||Youth Tips||Parent Tips|
Web Videos6 Items For internet Use Only. Files not broadcast quality. Click on PREVIEW for more information. View All
Fitting a Bike Helmet
Bike Riding Safety
Rules Of The Road