The Media Work Plan
Why do we need a Media Work Plan?
- To aid and direct the planner in developing strategically sound media plans that agree with the marketing and advertising goals.
- Explains to the client and obtains client involvement and agreement on the objectives and issues that will impact on the media plan.
What is a Media Work Plan?
- A document which identifies the marketing conditions that impact on the formulation of media strategy
- Identifies media strategies that best can accomplish the marketing objectives
- Describes execution recommended for fulfillment of the media strategy
How is a Media Work Plan Set Up?
It is structured in a logical progression:
- Marketing Background
- Strategic Decision Summary
What information is required to construct a Media Work Plan?
- Working media budget
- Target audience (Segmented by primary, secondary, etc., if possible)
- Seasonality/Scheduling/Flight requirements
- Geographic definition (Markets should be ranked in priority order)
- KEY Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Key marketing objective
Other factors deemed relevant to planning
- Media Strategy & Execution
- These elements should be part of the plan –
- Target audience
- Flight dates (Requirements & Restrictions)
- Geographic definition
- Mediums considered/recommended and rationale
- Weight levels by market
- Recommended networks/programming/formats/Websites
- Describe advertising units (:10, :30, bulletin, banner size, etc.)
- Video Vs. Display